CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

On my own.....

I have gotten my first taste of taking care of Emma completely alone the past week. David has been in the field, so I've been on my own since last Monday. This is the first time I have been on my own with her for more than a few hours and I have to say that I am doing pretty well! I will definitely need a baby break when he gets back but I will definitely survive. Emma has been sleeping pretty well, and he eating schedule has changed a little. Instead of every 3-4 hours, she is eating every 2. I think she's going to be having a growth spurt! I already had to buy her a new pair of pink chucks. Emma is rolling over now, though she prefers to pivot at her butt, spinning circles around herself. She is wearing a bald line into the back of her head! She rolled off of the couch last week, giving me a heart attack. I felt horrible all night and stayed up to make sure she didn't have a concussion. She is resilient though and bounced back right away. Emma is also babbling and cooing a lot more, with more inflection. I just wish I knew what she was saying! She has also taken to sucking her thumb. I keep trying to substitute a pacifier, but she's not too keen on it. I am not making a big deal about it though. Being relaxed and laid backs works pretty well for us here.

0 comments: